Saturday, March 9, 2013

Carrot Cake

I love carrot cake!  It's dense and sweet without being too sweet.  And in my home, it's always topped with rich cream cheese icing.  It's one of my favorites and, not surprisingly, was what my husband requested for his birthday last year after I vetoed his cherry chocolate cake idea.  
(See 2/28/13 post)

Carrot cake has so much going on inside and rich icing on the outside.  I really wanted to dress it up, but in a way that didn't compete with the other flavors.  And since it was an adult's cake, I wanted to keep it simple and sophisticated.  Here's what I came up with...






The "flowers" are actually pineapple, thinly sliced and dried. Subtly sweet, they were just the touch I was looking for!  Carrot cake with rich cream cheese icing, served a la mode with pineapple flowers and a sugar-candied pecan - yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment