Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spring is in the Air

I just love spring!  Everything about it is so new and fresh!  Our backyard is coming alive with little blooms and shoots of green are breaking through the dark, winter-worn ground.  It's so exciting and puts a skip in my step!  

We have an ivy planter basket attached to a column under our back patio.  It seems to be a favorite spot among doves each spring for nesting.  This causes me quite a bit of anxiety because once the weather heats up, my kiddos are clomping in and out, slamming the door and squealing with delight as they chase bad guys, fly like fairies and run wild with their amazing imaginations!  And as happy as this happiness makes me, it scares the poor birds away and they abandon their little eggs.

Normally, I try to scare the birds away in during their "home hunting" so our planter is left empty.  But this year I was preoccupied indoors (Many, many thanks for all your Easter cookie orders!  You guys are the best!).  

Needless to say, we now have a little Momma bird who sits bravely on her eggs while the world (a.k.a., my kiddos) races around her.  If my estimations are right, we have just under a week until the little birds make their big debut!  I can't wait!

All this to say, Momma bird and her nest full of eggs are the inspiration for these spring-time cupcakes.  Hope you like them as much as I do!  

Get out there and enjoy spring - it's amazing!



1 comment: